NSCD Summer Mountain Programs
Learn to sail small boats during a the two-lesson program. Lessons are progressive and skill-based and include training on basic boat set-up and rigging, sail and tiller management, wind and water dynamics, overall boat handling skills and safety. This program is designed to teach participants how to actively sail small boats on Grand Lake. Lunch is not provided.
- Session I: July 12, 26; Fridays
- Session II: July 19 and August 2; Fridays
- Time:10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Full Day Trip: Free
- Location: Grand Lake Yacht Club, Grand Lake, CO
Community Cycling Club
Join us on Tuesday mornings for guided tandem cycling, hand cycling and mountain biking around Fraser Valley. Satisfy your need for speed or enjoy a leisurely cruise along a variety of trails using one of the NSCD’s regular or specialized bikes. Guided biking tours are offered from 10 a.m. until noon.
- Morning Trip: $10
- Dates: June 18 - August 20, Tuesdays
- Location: Hideaway Park, Winter Park, CO
Multi-Activity Value Pack for Individuals
Join others for three half day activities…
Individuals can enjoy the Rocky Mountains while experiencing the thrill of new adventures. Pick 3 different half day activities: rafting, kayaking, horse riding, fishing, cycling, hiking or a half day of fun at the resort.
- 3 Half Day Activities: $75
Rafting is an additional $10
Therapeutic Horse Riding
Join the NSCD for lessons in basic horse care, grooming, horse health and behavior, Western or English riding skills and therapeutic recreational games. Choose one day per week for five weeks from the sessions listed below. Arrive 15 minutes before the lesson begins.
- Session I: June 5 - July 7
- Session II: July 17 - August 18
- Session III: August 21 - September 22
- Group lesson (1-4 times): $45 each
- Private lesson (1-4 times): $55 each
- Group 5-week session (5 times): $175 total
- Private 5-week session (5 times): $225 total
Missed lessons may be rescheduled based upon availability.
- Lesson times: 9:00 AM; 11:00 AM; 1:30 PM
Each lesson is 1.5 hours
Trail Rides for individuals, families and groups: